Monday, February 18, 2008

Ah, the Crotchety Sound of Inspiration


I know I'm late to the game on many fronts. But being on the cutting edge of motherhood has it's sacrifices, ya know? Anyhoo, coming home from Midrash planning last Sunday evening gave me the almost-never opportunity to turn on my car radio to my local FM talk radio station (who listens to talk radio on a Sunday night???). And a revelation hit me--on the air was an articulate, strong-minded, politically charged woman that sounded like she was taking thoughts out of my own mind and broadcasting them all over St. Louis. Who is this?!, I wanted to know. Well, you can take a gander at the links below, but man, not since I discovered Ann Coulter and Laura Ingraham as a college student have I found a kindred spirit in this young gal on the airwaves. She says what I think; she must be brilliant. ;-)

Kudos to Dana Loesch.
97.1 FM Talk link
Dana's political blog
Mamalogues

And she lives in St. Louis, too! And she's a mom of two the same ages as mine! And..and..and...don't worry, the afterglow will subside in time.

2 comments:

AndrewG said...

Hello! Found your blog just meandering around online. Love your writing style. I read your post on Calvinism and couldn't really get a sense of which way you leaned, except that maybe there is more than one kind of "Calvinism" and you were defending the classic one?? I'm not a Calvinist myself, so I was trying to decipher if you were not a proponent of it. I didn't know that there were different interpretations of Calvinism. If you're interesting, I have written a short book on unconditional eternal security which I believe is well-researched, fair, and respectful to Calvinists, but yet does not embrace Calvinism fully. Here's the link to the book at Barnes and Nobles: http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/results.asp?WRD=Andrew+G%2E+Robbins&z=y

Enjoyed looking around on your blog. Keep up the good work.

Letitia (The Damsel) said...

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for visiting and for your compliments!

There are many voices in the blogosphere that support and defend Calvinism very well, so I don't feel the need to chime in except once in a while.

Realistically, there is only one form of Calvinism. I am assuming you are referring to the "morphed Calvinism" comment in the BP article, suggestive of "hyper-Calvinism," which is an extreme view of divine determinism. Very few Calvinists would agree with the hyper-Calvinist view. You'd have to search long and hard to find a hyper-Calvinist to make such comments as stated in the article, which is why I suspect that those statements are fraudulent.

Thanks for the link. Please come again and comment often. I appreciate the viewpoints.

BTW, sharpening my five points is one of my faaaaavorite things to do! :)