1. Pres. Obama's science czar, John P. Holdren: "The fetus, given the opportunity to develop properly before birth, and given the essential early socializing experiences and sufficient nourishing food during the crucial early years after birth, will ultimately develop into a human being,” according to 1973 book titled Human Ecology. [emphasis mine] Nice to know that being human is an acquired property--something like breasts make me a woman?
2. My vote for best title yet under books for women: If You Want Closure In Your Relationship, Start With Your Legs (Big Boom).
3. To avoid the myriad ethical problems with organ donation, medical tourism.......and mail-order brides from China, Daniel Asa Rose makes jokes about it all in his book, Larry's Kidney, to "think outside the box." See his CNN interivew. Oy!
4. Are more unelected officials on their way to run your daily life? Ah, nothing like the sweet smell of oligarchy in the morning!
5. Comprehensive sex-ed program in UK fails to reduce teen pregnancy, one study says. If kids simply stuck to putting condoms on bananas for fun, I'm positive they'll turn the success rate right around.