Friday, January 2, 2009

Resolving to Resolve

Ah, New Year's Resolutions, something I usually resolve not to make mostly due to laziness and indecision. This year, however, I'm motivated to actually do something specific. Crazy, 'cause last Sunday one of my church's pastors suggested not making resolutions this year. True to form, I'm contrary in every way. ;-)

In 2009, I resolve to
1) Read/re-read:
Relativism: Feet Firmly Planted in Mid-Air (Koukl)
Introduction to Theology (McGrath)
In Defense of Life (Beckwith)
Reasonable Faith (Craig)
Systematic Theology
(Grudem) - eh, it's a big book...probably not every chapter!
The Lord of the Flies (Golding)
The Cost of Discipleship (Bonhoeffer)
10+ papers or journal articles

2) Go through 52 weeks of the Heidelberg Catechism as a family.

3) Read to my kids more.

4) Sing more.

5) Catch up on my photo albums.

6) Insulate my house.

7) Go on four dates with DH.

8) ? (I think I have room for one more resolution, but I'm going to let God fill this one in!)

Chinese New Year is also coming up, so do I get to do this twice?

May God fill your 2009 with great signs of His presence and love!

No comments: